First of all, congratulations! You have gotten past all the preliminary messaging and have made it this far; a real, in-person, date! Who is amazing? You are!
Now, when it comes to planning your first date, keep these 5 first date tips in mind:
- Skip the movies. Although it seems that dinner and a movie is the go-to date idea, a movie theater really isn’t the ideal place for a first date. How can two people who just met get to know each other while sitting silently next to one another in a dark room and focusing their attention on a film?
- Do something fun. This may seem obvious, but it is still worth mentioning. Don’t do something super serious on your first date, but do something that is fun, and even better yet, something that will have you and your date giggling together!
- Think of your common interests. Have you discovered that you and your date both enjoy bowling? Go to a bowling alley! Your date and you share an interest in art? Hit up a gallery!
- Avoid/Limit alcohol intake. A first date is a time for getting to know one another. While a drink or two may calm your nerves, be very careful because you don’t want to overdo it and end up embarrassing yourself, making a bad first impression, or worse yet, throwing up on your date.
- When all else fails, do dinner. Although the movie is out, dinner is still a tried and true favorite first date choice. A dinner date allows an ideal amount of time for two people to do some chatting and get to know one another, but not so much time that if the date isn’t going well your stuck in an awkward situation all night.
Do you have any tips or advice when it comes to first dating planning? If so, share them with us in the comments.
Image Credit: jmayer1129